You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Google Maps and Apple Car Play

When I unplug the USB cable connecting my iphone X from my 2017 Honda Pilot while running Google Maps on Apple Car Play, it stops my Google Maps navigation on my iPhone. This also happens when I turn my car off. So, for instance, I'm going on a long road trip and stop to get gas - I turn my car off and my Google Maps directions stop running on my phone. When I turn my car back on, I have to re-enter my destination and Start the Google maps navigation again. This also happens if I disconnect the USB cable while driving - it stops the app from running on my phone. I understand why it stops navigation on my car (it's no longer connected to it) but I don't understand why it turns off the navigation on my phone. Is there any way to stop this from happening?

iPhone X, iOS 15

Posted on Jun 26, 2022 5:03 PM

Similar questions

1 reply

Jun 27, 2022 12:56 PM in response to Rachel_LK9

Hi Rachel_LK9,

Based on information from other posts, it sounds like that may be the behavior set by the app developer.

Navigation stops when unplugging iphone in carplay

Google Maps route dissapears when phone unplug?

You can test the behavior with Apple Maps: Get turn-by-turn directions with CarPlay

If the issue doesn't occur with this app, it's isolated to the Google Maps app and you can reach out to the app developer to report the issue.

How to contact an app developer - Apple Support

Cheers!

Google Maps and Apple Car Play

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.