You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Every time i try to enter or take a picture of my gift card it says gift card invalid. I have read above and I’m doing everything correctly so why is it saying this to me

I’m trying to redeem a gift card but every time i either type in the code or take a picture it tells me invalid.

iPhone 13 Pro Max, iOS 15

Posted on Jun 26, 2022 11:26 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 26, 2022 11:48 PM

Try this-

1. Make sure that your card is not an Apple Store Gift Card. Apple Store Gift Cards are gray, white, silver, or gold. You can’t redeem Apple Store Gift Cards in the App Store or iTunes Store. Find out what to do if you have an Apple Store Gift Card or don't know what type of gift card you have.
  2. Try entering your redemption code manually. When you redeem a gift card, tap or click "You can also enter your code manually." Make sure that you enter the redemption code that begins with "X", not a different number on the card.
  3. Make sure that you enter the correct characters. Some letters and numbers look alike, such as B and 8, D and O, E and 3, G and 6, O and Q, O and 0, S and 5, U and V, Z and 2.

If you can't redeem your Apple Gift Card or App Store & iTunes Gift Card - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jun 26, 2022 11:48 PM in response to cayla45

Try this-

1. Make sure that your card is not an Apple Store Gift Card. Apple Store Gift Cards are gray, white, silver, or gold. You can’t redeem Apple Store Gift Cards in the App Store or iTunes Store. Find out what to do if you have an Apple Store Gift Card or don't know what type of gift card you have.
  2. Try entering your redemption code manually. When you redeem a gift card, tap or click "You can also enter your code manually." Make sure that you enter the redemption code that begins with "X", not a different number on the card.
  3. Make sure that you enter the correct characters. Some letters and numbers look alike, such as B and 8, D and O, E and 3, G and 6, O and Q, O and 0, S and 5, U and V, Z and 2.

If you can't redeem your Apple Gift Card or App Store & iTunes Gift Card - Apple Support

Every time i try to enter or take a picture of my gift card it says gift card invalid. I have read above and I’m doing everything correctly so why is it saying this to me

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.