You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 12 still wont shut off or let me in apps just keeps flashing on off black screen or turning Siri on and hard to tap any apps like frozen or stuck

While using a word search app my phone kicked me out and now I can shut off or get into any apps I have tried the force shut down and wont work, Siri comes on and hard to tap phone to get Siri or any app open…now phone will random flash screen on or go black but wont let me open any app or calls. Help

iPhone 12 Pro, iOS 15

Posted on Jun 27, 2022 7:00 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 27, 2022 7:20 AM

Force restart your phone:

• Press and quickly release VOLUME UP
  • Press and quickly release VOLUME DOWN
  • Hold the SIDE button until an Apple logo appears (15-30 seconds), ignoring "slide to power off" if it appears

The operative word here is QUICKLY; and try it a couple of times, the timing is a little tricky.

4 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jun 27, 2022 7:20 AM in response to TabithaRB

Force restart your phone:

• Press and quickly release VOLUME UP
  • Press and quickly release VOLUME DOWN
  • Hold the SIDE button until an Apple logo appears (15-30 seconds), ignoring "slide to power off" if it appears

The operative word here is QUICKLY; and try it a couple of times, the timing is a little tricky.

Jun 27, 2022 7:19 AM in response to TabithaRB

So you did the tap “volume up” then “tap volume down” and then “hold the power button till you see an Apple logo”. Important- You must hold the power button till you see the Apple logo could take a minute or the action won’t finish. This restarts your iPhone and clears the cache. I recommend to remove the app that caused this error when you iPhone reboots. Let me know if this works for you or if you have already performed the complete function. You would normally see a power off slide switch just ignore that to completely clear the cache and reboot.

iPhone 12 still wont shut off or let me in apps just keeps flashing on off black screen or turning Siri on and hard to tap any apps like frozen or stuck

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.