You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes downloaded music tab empty

Hello.

So my entire downloaded tan on iTunes was mysteriously removed one day. Then I updated my iTunes for windows thinking it would help (I hadn’t updated for months), but my downloads haven’t reappeared. I’ve tried what I thought would work to no avail.

When I check my folders, I find all the downloads (about 70+ GB) but the actually iTunes tab doesn’t show any downloads, and wont let me play any music.

Can anyone help?

ps these aren’t purchased songs, they’re connected to my Apple Music account

Windows, Windows 10

Posted on Jun 27, 2022 12:18 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 27, 2022 12:38 PM

See Empty/corrupt iTunes library after upgrade/crash - Apple Community.

Note that locally stored DRM protected Apple Music content cannot be imported into an otherwise empty library. You'll likely need to download the contents of iTunes\iTunes Media\Apple Music and start again.

See also Turn on Sync Library with Apple Music - Apple Support AKA iCloud Music Library. It may have been turned off in error.

tt2

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jun 27, 2022 12:38 PM in response to ayanda113

See Empty/corrupt iTunes library after upgrade/crash - Apple Community.

Note that locally stored DRM protected Apple Music content cannot be imported into an otherwise empty library. You'll likely need to download the contents of iTunes\iTunes Media\Apple Music and start again.

See also Turn on Sync Library with Apple Music - Apple Support AKA iCloud Music Library. It may have been turned off in error.

tt2

iTunes downloaded music tab empty

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.