You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

On the Apple Family iCloud backup storage plan, why doesn’t my wife’s nightly backup get stored on our 200 Gig Family Storage Plan?

I subscribe to the Family Plan iCloud Storage, and included my wife on the plan, to share the 200 Gig.backup capacity in the cloud.

My phone’s backup goes into that 200Gig plan just fine, but my wife’s phone gives her messages that her 5 Gig capacity is now exceeded, and her phone will no longer back up unless she buys more iCloud backup capacity from Apple.

I thought on the Family Plan, her phone would back up automatically into the 200 Gig Family Plan.

What can I do to get her backups into the 200 Gig backup bucket so she will not have to buy extra capacity. Our family plan bucket has plenty of excess capacity.?

Jimdpi

iPhone 13, iOS 15

Posted on Jun 28, 2022 5:55 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 28, 2022 6:11 PM

On your device, go to Settings>Your Apple ID>Family Sharing. It should list all of the people in your Family Sharing group. Under Shared with your Family, it should list iCloud+. If you tap on that, it should list the Family Members it is being shared with. When you invited your wife to become a member of the Family Sharing, did she respond and accept the invite?

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jun 28, 2022 6:11 PM in response to Jimdpi

On your device, go to Settings>Your Apple ID>Family Sharing. It should list all of the people in your Family Sharing group. Under Shared with your Family, it should list iCloud+. If you tap on that, it should list the Family Members it is being shared with. When you invited your wife to become a member of the Family Sharing, did she respond and accept the invite?

On the Apple Family iCloud backup storage plan, why doesn’t my wife’s nightly backup get stored on our 200 Gig Family Storage Plan?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.