You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How much does it cost to replace the keyboard of my MacBook Pro?

How does it cost the keyboard of my macbook pro 16" 2019 model. (keyboard key broken). Thank you

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Jun 29, 2022 1:56 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 29, 2022 4:39 AM

Hi,

depending on the issue it might be free, as some Macbooks had keyboard defects in the past.

Check this link: Keyboard Service Program for MacBook, MacBook Air, and MacBook Pro - Apple Support

Else it might be that they need to swap out the whole top part of the mac as i believe the keyboard and the battery are fused.

Best way to know is to bring it in and let a technician check.

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jun 29, 2022 4:39 AM in response to antonis121o1972

Hi,

depending on the issue it might be free, as some Macbooks had keyboard defects in the past.

Check this link: Keyboard Service Program for MacBook, MacBook Air, and MacBook Pro - Apple Support

Else it might be that they need to swap out the whole top part of the mac as i believe the keyboard and the battery are fused.

Best way to know is to bring it in and let a technician check.

Jun 29, 2022 6:17 AM in response to antonis121o1972

Hi,

Also see the following site and ask about the cost of repairing your MacBook Pro keyboard at your local retail AppleStore Genius Bar or Apple Authorized Service Provider.

Mac Repair - Official Apple Support

Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple

Find Locations - Apple

And check your warranty status if you have AppleCare at following site.

https://checkcoverage.apple.com/us/en/;jsessionid=node03az1m67d7q26z108txzh73zl44669752.node0

How much does it cost to replace the keyboard of my MacBook Pro?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.