You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

📢 Newsroom Update

Apple introduces powerful new iPad mini built for Apple Intelligence. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad Mini, cannot delete apps, get the wiggle, but no (x)

I have an Apple iPad Mini with software v 12.5.5

Holding the app icon for 5 sec gets the wiggle but no (x).

Read the forum but when I tried to find restriction under the General menu but it isn't there

Please share where I can find the menu to change app restrictions.

Thanks in advance for your prompt answer.

iPad mini, iOS 12

Posted on Jun 29, 2022 6:39 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 29, 2022 7:45 PM

iOS 12 replaced Restrictions with Screen Time. Go to: Settings > Screen Time > Content & Privacy Restrictions > iTunes & App Store Purchases > Make sure Deleting Apps is marked Allow

3 replies

Jun 30, 2022 12:53 AM in response to Lroszkow

Expanding upon Lobsterghost1’s guidance…

If you are experiencing difficulties with removing Apps from your iPad, you need to check your ScreenTime restrictions:

Settings > Screen Time > Content & Privacy Restrictions > iTunes & App Store Purchases > Deleting Apps - ensure that this permission is set to Allow

How to delete apps on your iPhone, iPad and iPod touch – Apple Support

Note that you have independent restrictions for installing, deleting or making in-App Purchases:

iPad Mini, cannot delete apps, get the wiggle, but no (x)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.