You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is their other way to get my screen to turn on in of being black

My screen is black still after I did all the tricks

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 10.13

Posted on Jun 29, 2022 8:30 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 29, 2022 9:27 PM

simba129 Said:

"Is their other way to get my screen to turn on in of being black: My screen is black still after I did all the tricks"

-------

Troubleshooting a Black Mac Screen:

A. Go Here: If your Mac doesn't Turn On or Start Up - Apple Support

B. Reset the SMC and your NVRAM:

(Applies yo Intel-Based Macs Only) Sometimes when changes are made to the system(i.e. Updates), system configurations (i.e. for Power) become manipulated, technically. So, reset the SMC and NVRAM. Try performing each thrice. It may take sometime, being certain you have the time to perform these resets.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jun 29, 2022 9:27 PM in response to simba129

simba129 Said:

"Is their other way to get my screen to turn on in of being black: My screen is black still after I did all the tricks"

-------

Troubleshooting a Black Mac Screen:

A. Go Here: If your Mac doesn't Turn On or Start Up - Apple Support

B. Reset the SMC and your NVRAM:

(Applies yo Intel-Based Macs Only) Sometimes when changes are made to the system(i.e. Updates), system configurations (i.e. for Power) become manipulated, technically. So, reset the SMC and NVRAM. Try performing each thrice. It may take sometime, being certain you have the time to perform these resets.

Jun 29, 2022 9:05 PM in response to simba129

Hi, if you have connected it to an external display, sometimes the Mac doesn't boot up showing with the built-in retina screen. And if it really doesn't work, then you may try asking the Apple Support: MacBook Pro - Official Apple Support, or Mac Repairment: Mac Repair - Official Apple Support. If you need to go to Genius Bar at an Apple Store: Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple.

Is their other way to get my screen to turn on in of being black

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.