You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I trade in my MacBook if I buy an iPad?

can I trade in my MacBook if buying an ipad

Posted on Jun 29, 2022 3:44 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 30, 2022 10:42 AM

Yes - if your trade-in device both qualifies and is accepted.

Apple Trade In - Apple

Each device is assessed its own right. If using the online trade-in, you will be sent a shipping kit. A device is then sent-in, assessed and a credit value assigned. The trade-in value is returned to you by way of an Apple gift card - this being used to purchase whatever you wish with Apple. 

If a trade-in is initiated during an online purchase, you will usually pay full price for the item - but will receive a refund against your credit card upon subsequent return (and acceptance) of the item that was returned for trade-in.

Many choose to complete their trade-in in-store - as doing so removes any uncertainty as to the trade-in value or acceptance.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jun 30, 2022 10:42 AM in response to Prestige203

Yes - if your trade-in device both qualifies and is accepted.

Apple Trade In - Apple

Each device is assessed its own right. If using the online trade-in, you will be sent a shipping kit. A device is then sent-in, assessed and a credit value assigned. The trade-in value is returned to you by way of an Apple gift card - this being used to purchase whatever you wish with Apple. 

If a trade-in is initiated during an online purchase, you will usually pay full price for the item - but will receive a refund against your credit card upon subsequent return (and acceptance) of the item that was returned for trade-in.

Many choose to complete their trade-in in-store - as doing so removes any uncertainty as to the trade-in value or acceptance.

Can I trade in my MacBook if I buy an iPad?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.