You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mac overheats after 12.4 update

My Mac overheats and the battery drains fast after I updated to 12.4. Any news as to when an update is going to come out?

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 12.4

Posted on Jun 30, 2022 11:42 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 30, 2022 8:34 PM

viv111 User level: Said:

"Mac overheats after 12.4 update: My Mac overheats and the battery drains fast after I updated to 12.4. Any news as to when an update is going to come out?"

-------

Troubleshooting Overheating Mac:

Ipple might come out with something, but they'll only know of this if it is reported.

Report this to Apple:

Do your Part: Report this to Apple. Apple may not get back to you directly, but the more feedback Apple receives on this, the more they will know what is going on, and what needs to be fixed in upcoming updates.

1. Go Here: Feedback - macOS - Apple
  2. Select: "Bug Report" for the "Feedback Type"
  3. Comment: on when you came across this issue, and how you have troubleshot it thus far. Include the URL to this post
  4. Proceed from there as necessary
7 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jun 30, 2022 8:34 PM in response to viv111

"Mac overheats after 12.4 update: My Mac overheats and the battery drains fast after I updated to 12.4. Any news as to when an update is going to come out?"

-------

Ipple might come out with something, but they'll only know of this if it is reported.

Report this to Apple:

Do your Part: Report this to Apple. Apple may not get back to you directly, but the more feedback Apple receives on this, the more they will know what is going on, and what needs to be fixed in upcoming updates.

1. Go Here: Feedback - macOS - Apple
  2. Select: "Bug Report" for the "Feedback Type"
  3. Comment: on when you came across this issue, and how you have troubleshot it thus far. Include the URL to this post
  4. Proceed from there as necessary

Jun 30, 2022 8:35 PM in response to viv111

-------

Use the Activity Monitor:

See what it taking the most out of the CPU. Is it Google Chrome? Or is is something else? To Find Out, use Activity Monitor

1. Go to: Applications
  2. Select: Utilities folder
  3. Open: Activity Monitor
  4. Click: Memory column

Mac overheats after 12.4 update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.