You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Bought 2 TB of iCloud storage but iPhone says there's not enough space

Why is my phone giving me a message that there is not enough space on iCloud when I have already purchased 2 TB? Thanks

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 12 mini, iOS 14

Posted on Jul 1, 2022 5:37 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 1, 2022 5:41 AM

are you sure that the message isn't about your iPhone storage?

go to Settings > General > iPhone Storage, is that pretty well used up? If so, then this is what the message is likely about

go to Settings > [your name] > iCloud to view your iCloud storage space

video for iPhone storage space

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bnhuHSv_WrI

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 1, 2022 5:41 AM in response to hosam151

are you sure that the message isn't about your iPhone storage?

go to Settings > General > iPhone Storage, is that pretty well used up? If so, then this is what the message is likely about

go to Settings > [your name] > iCloud to view your iCloud storage space

video for iPhone storage space

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bnhuHSv_WrI

Jul 1, 2022 6:31 AM in response to Chris0107

Thank you so much.. it’s very kind to reply to my message. I looked back and now I see that the iCloud has a lot of space (due to the recent perchase of storage) but my phone doesn’t, as you indicated exactly. As long as I am backing up, why is it still full, and how can I free this space on my device? Should I delete stuff?

Bought 2 TB of iCloud storage but iPhone says there's not enough space

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.