You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone storage full of photos, offload to iCloud storage?

I have tons of space in iCloud, but my phone is full and says I have 10gb of photos/videos. Is there a way to "delete" photos from my actual phone storage but keep them in iCloud?

Posted on Jul 1, 2022 1:56 PM

3 replies

Jul 1, 2022 2:36 PM in response to Lawrence Finch

Lawrence Finch wrote:

No, iCloud is a syncing service, not an archiving service. However, you can sync your photos to iCloud, then enable Optimize Storage on your iPhone and it will compress the photos on your phone to about 1/4 size, reducing their resolution, but still keep the full resolution images in iCloud.

IN addition to this, when you select the compressed photo to view it on your phone AND you are connected to the internet, it will download the FULL resolution photo for you to enjoy. :)

iPhone storage full of photos, offload to iCloud storage?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.