You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Charged but no payment info on my account?

I recently started a free trial on Apple TV which I accidentally forgot to cancel, but I got charged, except there isn't any payment info on my account, so what did it charge?

Posted on Jul 1, 2022 8:42 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 2, 2022 1:08 AM

You would have had a payment method linked to your account, or else you wouldn’t have been able to start a subscription. You can’t remove all payment methods and retain subscriptions. Subscriptions, including free trials, require a valid payment method for at least the duration of the subscription.

Any charge to your account is specified in the purchase history for your account. That includes details of the payment method (e.g. card type and last four digits). View your purchase history for the App Store, iTunes Store, and other Apple media services - Apple Support

If you have active subscriptions that you no longer wish to continue, then you may cancel those. If you want to cancel a subscription from Apple - Apple Support

If you received a message about an unexpected charge that has no reference in your account, then consider its legitimacy.

Identify legitimate emails from the App Store or iTunes Store - Apple Support

Recognize and avoid phishing messages, phony support calls, and other scams - Apple Support

If you see a charge on your statement that doesn’t match with your account’s purchase history, then consider if other people might have access to this payment method.

Apple charges do not list the product on the bank/card statement, so you wouldn’t know from the statement alone if it was for Apple TV. If you see 'apple.com/bill' on your billing statement - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 2, 2022 1:08 AM in response to Vsuper99

You would have had a payment method linked to your account, or else you wouldn’t have been able to start a subscription. You can’t remove all payment methods and retain subscriptions. Subscriptions, including free trials, require a valid payment method for at least the duration of the subscription.

Any charge to your account is specified in the purchase history for your account. That includes details of the payment method (e.g. card type and last four digits). View your purchase history for the App Store, iTunes Store, and other Apple media services - Apple Support

If you have active subscriptions that you no longer wish to continue, then you may cancel those. If you want to cancel a subscription from Apple - Apple Support

If you received a message about an unexpected charge that has no reference in your account, then consider its legitimacy.

Identify legitimate emails from the App Store or iTunes Store - Apple Support

Recognize and avoid phishing messages, phony support calls, and other scams - Apple Support

If you see a charge on your statement that doesn’t match with your account’s purchase history, then consider if other people might have access to this payment method.

Apple charges do not list the product on the bank/card statement, so you wouldn’t know from the statement alone if it was for Apple TV. If you see 'apple.com/bill' on your billing statement - Apple Support

Charged but no payment info on my account?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.