You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Adding photos to iMac

I'm a new Mac user. I have photos from my PC I would like to add to my photo folder on my Mac but I don't want them all coming to my phone as well. How do I NOT have them sync to my phone?

Thank you.

iMac (24-inch, M1, 2021, 2 ports)

Posted on Jul 2, 2022 12:49 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 2, 2022 11:40 PM

If you don’t sync your Mac with iCloud Photos, the photos will not upload to iCloud and any of your devices.

You may want to use two Photos Libraries on your Mac. One library with just the photos you want in iCloud and on your iPhone, and one library with all your photos, that is not syncing with iCloud. Only one of your libraries, your System Photos Library can sync with iCloud.

4 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 2, 2022 11:40 PM in response to MiMito2

If you don’t sync your Mac with iCloud Photos, the photos will not upload to iCloud and any of your devices.

You may want to use two Photos Libraries on your Mac. One library with just the photos you want in iCloud and on your iPhone, and one library with all your photos, that is not syncing with iCloud. Only one of your libraries, your System Photos Library can sync with iCloud.

Adding photos to iMac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.