You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I remove the old Apple ID that’s giving me trouble?

How do I remove the old Apple ID that’s giving me trouble because I don’t have the password for it anymore and I can’t access any apps etc or even go in settings

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Jul 2, 2022 2:55 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 2, 2022 3:13 PM

Unfortunately, you did not properly change your Apple ID. (Doing that would require knowledge of the Apple ID's password.)

What you did instead was create a new Apple ID. A new Apple ID looks like an entirely different person. So naturally it appears as if your iPhone is stolen because the original Apple ID is required to access it.

How to remove Activation Lock - Apple Support

That original Apple ID owns all the apps, music, iCloud files and other data on the iPhone. Again, that appears to be a different person.

You may try this to remember that original Apple ID password.

If you forgot your Apple ID password - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 2, 2022 3:13 PM in response to Ashastar32

Unfortunately, you did not properly change your Apple ID. (Doing that would require knowledge of the Apple ID's password.)

What you did instead was create a new Apple ID. A new Apple ID looks like an entirely different person. So naturally it appears as if your iPhone is stolen because the original Apple ID is required to access it.

How to remove Activation Lock - Apple Support

That original Apple ID owns all the apps, music, iCloud files and other data on the iPhone. Again, that appears to be a different person.

You may try this to remember that original Apple ID password.

If you forgot your Apple ID password - Apple Support

How do I remove the old Apple ID that’s giving me trouble?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.