You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My MacBook won’t go past login page.

It started with the Touch Bar screen not showing up, even though the Touch Bar was responsive and working fine– I just couldn’t see what it was showing. To try and fix it, I restarted the computer. When it got to the login page, I typed my password and pressed Enter and the login progress bar came up but it stopped at a point and it wouldn’t continue, even after an hour.

So then I decided to use online forums, particularly “How to repair a Mac disk with Disk Utility – Apple Support (UK) “ to try and fix the computer. I went into recovery mode and used Disk Utility. In the Disk Utility app, I realized the ‘Data’ volume under ‘Container disk3’ under Internal was shaded grey.

I followed the instructions on the link above, which was to repair the individual volumes. As soon I ran first aid on ‘Macintosh HD’, it returned as the blue(indicating to me that it was fixed). On seeing that, I thought that the problem was solved. So I clicked on the Apple button then the restart option, but the screen(and in fact the whole computer) froze and after a few minutes, a solid pink light was shown across the whole screen and the Apple logo came up. And after typing the password, it was still stuck on the login page.

I returned to Recovery Mode again because I thought the ‘Data’ volume was the problem. I, then, deleted it. But now, whenever I try to boot up, it gets stuck on the Apple logo.

I also tried to install a new version of Mac OS Monterey on it, but whenever I do that, after about 20 minutes, the computer freezes and becomes unresponsive. (Even if I unplug the charger, it doesn’t show up nor make the sound)

Additional Things I have noticed

1. I realized whenever I turn off or start up the computer, I see solid colors of white filling the Touch Bar screen.

I don’t know what to do, and I am not near any Apple Store currently.

About my device - I use 2020 M1 MacBook Pro with 256Gb of SSD and 8Gb of RAM.

MacBook Pro 13″, 12.2

Posted on Jul 3, 2022 9:22 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 3, 2022 10:02 AM

kwasi193 wrote:

It started with the Touch Bar screen not showing up, even though the Touch Bar was responsive and working fine– I just couldn’t see what it was showing. To try and fix it, I restarted the computer. When it got to the login page, I typed my password and pressed Enter and the login progress bar came up but it stopped at a point and it wouldn’t continue, even after an hour.

Revive or restore a Mac with Apple silicon using Apple Configurator - Apple Support

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 3, 2022 10:02 AM in response to kwasi193

kwasi193 wrote:

Revive or restore a Mac with Apple silicon using Apple Configurator - Apple Support

Jul 3, 2022 9:49 AM in response to kwasi193

Give Apple Support a call and see if they can help via the on line tools and log on's they have.

Get Support – Apple

Apple Support

Call Customer Support (800) MY–APPLE (800–692–7753)

or online Apple Support

or call AppleCare Support at 1-800-APLCARE (800-275-2273)

Outside the USA—Contact Apple for support and service by phone

See a list of Apple phone numbers around the world.

Contact Apple for support and service - Apple Support

My MacBook won’t go past login page.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.