You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't download apps on my iPod Touch (IOS 6) due to 2-factor authentication

I have an old iPod touch 4th gen that I want to use for various things and I need to be able to download apps, but I can't because when I go to download an app a message pops up on my iPhone prompting me to input a code into my iPod, but of course the problem is that my iPod is running IOS 6 (and can't be updated anymore) and doesn't recognize the 2-factor authentication so it just says that my Apple ID password is incorrect, which it's not. Wondering if there's a work around to this.

Posted on Jul 3, 2022 8:46 PM

4 replies

Jul 3, 2022 9:18 PM in response to DavidZim

Hi DavidZim,

You might be able to have a verification code sent to a trusted phone or other device.

See if anything in the article below helps:

Get a verification code and sign in with two-factor authentication - Apple Support

or

If you have changed your Apple ID or password lately

you might need to update your sign-in information with any Apple services that you're using.

What to do after you've changed your Apple ID or password – Apple Support

Else:

You might want to see if anything in these articles helps:

The older verification method (iOS 8 and earlier):

Two-step verification for Apple ID – Apple Support

Currently used method::( iOS 9 and later)

Two-factor authentication for Apple ID - Apple Support

All the best :-)

Can't download apps on my iPod Touch (IOS 6) due to 2-factor authentication

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.