You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I lost my iPhone 11 ios15 last night..if I remotely erase will find my iPhone still work?

I lost my iPhone 11 ios15 last night. If I remotely erase will find my iPhone still work?

iPhone 11, iOS 15

Posted on Jul 3, 2022 8:24 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 3, 2022 8:39 PM

questionsforapplemusic Said:

"I lost my iPhone 11 ios15 last night. If I remotely erase will find my iPhone still work?"

-------

Find My and Erasing an Items:

With iOS 15, Yes, all will work.

1. Go Here: Erase a Device in Find My on iPhone - Apple Support
  2. As it reads:  "If you erase a device that had iOS 15, iPadOS 15, or later installed, you can use Find My to locate or play a sound on the device. Otherwise, you won’t be able to locate or play a sound on it."

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 3, 2022 8:39 PM in response to questionsforapplemusic

questionsforapplemusic Said:

"I lost my iPhone 11 ios15 last night. If I remotely erase will find my iPhone still work?"

-------

Find My and Erasing an Items:

With iOS 15, Yes, all will work.

1. Go Here: Erase a Device in Find My on iPhone - Apple Support
  2. As it reads:  "If you erase a device that had iOS 15, iPadOS 15, or later installed, you can use Find My to locate or play a sound on the device. Otherwise, you won’t be able to locate or play a sound on it."

Jul 3, 2022 8:41 PM in response to questionsforapplemusic

Erase a device in Find My on iPhone - Apple Support

If you have iOS 15 or higher installed on the iPhone, you will still be able to play a tone on the phone and locate it using Find My.

Find My won't work of course if the phone is offline, the battery is depleted or the phone is powered off.

Here I am assuming that a passcode is required to log on to the phone. No one is going to guess the passcode in 10 tries or less, so your data is safe, even if you don't erase the phone immediately.

I lost my iPhone 11 ios15 last night..if I remotely erase will find my iPhone still work?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.