You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Pro (13-inch, 2017, Four Thunderbolt 3 Ports) Stagelight Effect

Hello,

My MacBook is having the StageLight effect issue due to problem with the Display Backlight Cable.

for the last 3 days I'm not able to even open the display completely, it only open till 60 degrees and any further it turns off.

Below is the image of the StageLight Effect in my MacBook.

Apple has a service program for the same issue that covers 2 models of MacBook pro of 2016 only,

but none others.

Link: 13-inch MacBook Pro Display Backlight Service Program - Apple Support

I'm stuck, not able to use my Mac.

1. Why does Apple not cover other mac facing the same issue under its service Program?

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 11.6

Posted on Jul 4, 2022 6:13 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 4, 2022 6:33 AM

Based on your situation, I recommend service.

Service Checklist:

Click ▶︎ Start a Service Request. ⚛️

Need more help?

Click ▶︎ Check Repair Status.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 4, 2022 6:33 AM in response to BeingRutvik

Based on your situation, I recommend service.

Service Checklist:

Click ▶︎ Start a Service Request. ⚛️

Need more help?

Click ▶︎ Check Repair Status.

Jul 4, 2022 6:50 AM in response to BeingRutvik

BeingRutvik wrote:

Hello,
My MacBook is having the StageLight effect issue due to problem with the Display Backlight Cable.
for the last 3 days I'm not able to even open the display completely, it only open till 60 degrees and any further it turns off.
Below is the image of the StageLight Effect in my MacBook.

https://discussions.apple.com/content/attachment/163f5afa-29c3-4a63-b7f5-9e775facabd2

Apple has a service program for the same issue that covers 2 models of MacBook pro of 2016 only,
but none others.
Link: 13-inch MacBook Pro Display Backlight Service Program - Apple Support1.

I'm stuck, not able to use my Mac.
Why does Apple not cover other mac facing the same issue under its service Program?

Service Programs are triggered by the percentage of all MBP of this spec vs the number of failures documented.

No one here is privy to this %, or have any more insight.

A repair ticket, your Apple Feedback—all are heading in the right direction to trigger this release.

Apple Feedback Product Feedback - Apple

Typically in the past if Apple does release a Service Program, they have offered a refund for out of pocket expense parts & labor for the exact issue covered i

If you can not afford /justify the repair —using an external monitor is a triage/work around for not being able to use your Mac in this situation.

Learn how to get your Mac fixed and how much it will cost. Mac Repair Service https://support.apple.com/mac/repair/service

Get your Mac ready for service - Apple Support https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT209095

MacBook Pro (13-inch, 2017, Four Thunderbolt 3 Ports) Stagelight Effect

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.