You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone SE keyboard unresponsive on right side

This is a problem which started a few weeks ago whereby my keyboard has become unresponsive on the right hand side. It affects mainly the P key and the delete key in portrait display and the most of the bottom keys in landscape. Any suggestions on a fix as I think this is due to a software problem.

iPhone SE, iOS 15

Posted on Jul 5, 2022 4:29 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 5, 2022 4:55 AM

If you're sure that nothing (cover, screen protector, dirt) interferes with your touch screen in that area, try a "forced" restart of your SE, using these instructions:--> Force restart iPhone – Apple Support

If the issue persists, I suggest that you make an appointment (*) and have your device inspected at an Apple Store or AASP (Apple Authorized Service Provider) among this list:--> Apple – Location Selector. After checking it out, they'll give you all the available options.

Regards

Giulio

(*) You can do it:

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 5, 2022 4:55 AM in response to dhuvarren

If you're sure that nothing (cover, screen protector, dirt) interferes with your touch screen in that area, try a "forced" restart of your SE, using these instructions:--> Force restart iPhone – Apple Support

If the issue persists, I suggest that you make an appointment (*) and have your device inspected at an Apple Store or AASP (Apple Authorized Service Provider) among this list:--> Apple – Location Selector. After checking it out, they'll give you all the available options.

Regards

Giulio

(*) You can do it:

iPhone SE keyboard unresponsive on right side

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.