You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Get Verification Code - 2 factor

Apple Support says a verification code can also be found in Settings/Privacy. Get a verification code and sign in with two-factor authentication - Apple Support It is not where they say on either device. I cannot find where "get verification code" is on my iPhone XS or my Mac book pro 2020. The first two images are iPhone 4 Xs and second two are Mac Book Pro 12.4. 2020. - both up to date.

iPhone XS

Posted on Jul 5, 2022 6:14 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 5, 2022 7:41 AM

Two-factor authentication for Apple ID - Apple Support (CA)

Verification codes

A verification code is a temporary code sent to your trusted device or phone number when you sign in to a new device or browser with your Apple ID. You can also get a verification code from Settings on your trusted device.

A verification code is different from the device passcode you enter to unlock your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch. 

Normally it would appear on the Screen as a Pop Up on the Trusted Device

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 5, 2022 7:41 AM in response to CoachJessie

Two-factor authentication for Apple ID - Apple Support (CA)

Verification codes

A verification code is a temporary code sent to your trusted device or phone number when you sign in to a new device or browser with your Apple ID. You can also get a verification code from Settings on your trusted device.

A verification code is different from the device passcode you enter to unlock your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch. 

Normally it would appear on the Screen as a Pop Up on the Trusted Device

Get Verification Code - 2 factor

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.