You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I am unable to select for my gmail address. MacAir goes to iCloud address and I am not using that one.

How can I find my gmail account? Seems to preference an iCloud address that I am not using and not selecting for my email.

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 12.2

Posted on Jul 5, 2022 3:23 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 6, 2022 8:17 AM

Puffit wrote:

How can I find my gmail account? Seems to preference an iCloud address that I am not using and not selecting for my email.

Have you set it up...?

Add email accounts in Mail on Mac - Apple Support

use the other Option if no insight or issues with setting up gmail. Verify Safari is set as your default browser if you are stuck.

or try the wizard

Mail set up wizard Mail - Official Apple Support

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 6, 2022 8:17 AM in response to Puffit

Puffit wrote:

Have you set it up...?

Add email accounts in Mail on Mac - Apple Support

use the other Option if no insight or issues with setting up gmail. Verify Safari is set as your default browser if you are stuck.

or try the wizard

Mail set up wizard Mail - Official Apple Support

Jul 6, 2022 5:20 AM in response to Puffit

You need to set up the gmail account just like you do all others: https://support.apple.com/guide/mail/add-email-accounts-mail35803/mac

All email accounts, one established, will receive and send ... you just choose the ones you want to check. If you have accounts you don't want, remove them. Open Mail > Mail in menu > Accounts > highlight and remove the ones you don't want.

I am unable to select for my gmail address. MacAir goes to iCloud address and I am not using that one.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.