You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have lost all my photos. I can't even find the app. How can I reinstall the app?

I have lost all my photos. I can't even find the app. How can I reinstall the app? The app and pictures are still on my iPad. How can I bring them back to my MacBook Pro?

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 12.4

Posted on Jul 5, 2022 4:26 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 6, 2022 9:28 AM

Look in your Pictures folder (Go/Home/Pictures). Is your Photos library there? If so, double click on it and it should open. If the library is not there, Option-Click on the Photos app icon in the Applications folder, or in the dock, and you should see a pop up menu with a list of your Photos libraries. Click on one to open it. If no libraries are revealed, then you probably inadvertently deleted it or moved it to a weird location that the Photos app can't find.

All else failing, and assuming that you have no backup of your Photos library, create a new Photos library and copy over the photos from your iPad library.

-- Rich

5 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 6, 2022 9:28 AM in response to Micp0907

Look in your Pictures folder (Go/Home/Pictures). Is your Photos library there? If so, double click on it and it should open. If the library is not there, Option-Click on the Photos app icon in the Applications folder, or in the dock, and you should see a pop up menu with a list of your Photos libraries. Click on one to open it. If no libraries are revealed, then you probably inadvertently deleted it or moved it to a weird location that the Photos app can't find.

All else failing, and assuming that you have no backup of your Photos library, create a new Photos library and copy over the photos from your iPad library.

-- Rich

I have lost all my photos. I can't even find the app. How can I reinstall the app?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.