You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

folio

Is it possible in Pages to create and print a folio document? That is, one where the first and last page of the document are printed on the same side of the same sheet of paper before it is folded into a folio?

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.12

Posted on Jul 5, 2022 5:21 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 5, 2022 8:24 PM

For a single sheet document, with printing on only one face of the sheet, yes.

This would require setting the layout (in the Print dialogue) to print two pages on each sheet, and remembering that if the PRINTED face of the sheet was the outer face of the folio, the 'pages' needed to be arranged 2 then 1 in the pages document.

Beyond the simple two-page example, you're in territory where imposition comes in.

Imposition software is software that rearranges the pages in the word processing document so that (for example) the 64 pages of an 8 sheet signature are placed on consecutively viewed viewed pages of the end product—a multi page bound book built from several 8 sheet signatures.

Pages does not support imposition, nor do any imposition apps I'm aware of support imposition of Pages documents.

There are, however, imposition apps that do work with pdf documents, which are easily created by exporting your Pages document to .pdf.

I've not used any of these imposition apps, but a search on the App store should bring up a few choices.

Regards,

Barry

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 5, 2022 8:24 PM in response to Mayberrb

For a single sheet document, with printing on only one face of the sheet, yes.

This would require setting the layout (in the Print dialogue) to print two pages on each sheet, and remembering that if the PRINTED face of the sheet was the outer face of the folio, the 'pages' needed to be arranged 2 then 1 in the pages document.

Beyond the simple two-page example, you're in territory where imposition comes in.

Imposition software is software that rearranges the pages in the word processing document so that (for example) the 64 pages of an 8 sheet signature are placed on consecutively viewed viewed pages of the end product—a multi page bound book built from several 8 sheet signatures.

Pages does not support imposition, nor do any imposition apps I'm aware of support imposition of Pages documents.

There are, however, imposition apps that do work with pdf documents, which are easily created by exporting your Pages document to .pdf.

I've not used any of these imposition apps, but a search on the App store should bring up a few choices.

Regards,

Barry

folio

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.