You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My MacBook Air M1 looks like dead in water.

Help! My Apple ID and password were comprised. I erased my MacBook remotely to keep safe. Subsequently, my Apple ID and password were changed by apple, then they deleted the ID. How now might I use my MacBook Air? Did I really loose my $1700? Is this a case of TOO MUCH security? Help!

Posted on Jul 6, 2022 3:42 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 6, 2022 4:45 PM

Start with recovery and erase and format and reinstall the OS using your new ID. If you have a backup then restore that to the Mac. If you now have no Apple ID then generate a new one to use for setting up the Mac again.

Similar questions

6 replies

Jul 7, 2022 6:17 AM in response to satcomer

I have a new ID. I do have a backup in my passport. Apple says they erased my old ID. When I reformat and go to start up, because the MacBook was in activated lock, it wants me to sign on somewhere and release it with my old ID. Can’t there be a way to get rid of the lock mode it’s still seemingly under? Without the old ID? I have it on my IMac and IPhone, but all under new ID.

Jul 7, 2022 6:26 AM in response to KiltedTim

Thanks. I’ve done that. They said because the old ID is deleted, it is not possible. Can that be true? I didn’t believe it and really still don’t. The computer is barely a year old. I’d rather not just junk it, but that’s who told me nothing can be done. Perhaps this particular genius wasn’t having a good day. Is it fixable?

My MacBook Air M1 looks like dead in water.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.