You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Text messages half sending

I have a friend who has an android so i cant imessage and have to use text message, but it has been acting up alot ever since i started messaging, if i send a normal text it takes 5 minutes for it to end up saying not delivered but sometimes my friend will reply and sometimes he won’t so i can’t tell if they actually went through or not, but whats weirder is that if i send a photo with text both the text and the photo send absolutely fine as if nothing happened, i just want everything to be normal.

Edit 1: i just realised my send as sms was turned off but i just turned it on but nothing changed…ill restart my iphone

Edit 2: I think it worked whoopsies i just assumed that i didn’t need send as sms turned on since i couldn’t send iMessage to android users anyway, although sometimes things work for a minute after i restart my phone then all the settings and stuff take place so I’ll update this post tomorrow

Posted on Jul 6, 2022 7:02 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 7, 2022 2:35 AM

Update: turning on send as sms solved my problem but i don’t understand as to how turning it on all of a sudden let me send messages to my android friend when i was already doing it before but oh well at least it works

3 replies

Text messages half sending

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.