You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iPad can't find my Apple Watch 7 in Fitness app

I have an updated IPad and an Apple Watch 7 and when I go to my fitness app it does not find my watch even thought I have confirmed the Bluetooth is on. thank you!

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Jul 7, 2022 11:57 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 7, 2022 2:37 PM

I seem to remember when Fitness+ was new that a lot of people had this problem and it turned out that if you install the "Home" app for ipad it started working,I can't test any of this because I don't have fitness+ but here is the link for the home app;

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/home/id1110145103

9 replies

Jul 7, 2022 2:14 PM in response to Community User

Thanks again but sadly my IPad does not find my watch when I am in Fitness +, perhaps I misunderstood but according to one of your links it should work:

iPad

Apple Fitness+ is available on the App Store for the following iPad models:

• I have a iPad Pro with iPadOS 14.3 or later and the Apple Watch 7. :(

Make sure your Apple Watch Series 3 or later is associated with the same Apple ID as your iPad.

Jul 7, 2022 12:06 PM in response to neumantree

An apple watch can't pair with an ipad,only with an iphone.

If this is Fitness+ app then the watch still needs to be paired with an iphone first.

My iPad can't find my Apple Watch 7 in Fitness app

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.