You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

apple 11 can not text

apple 11 can not text. keeps saying failed. worked a couple of weeks ago. I assume there is something in the settings?

iPhone 6s Plus, iOS 15

Posted on Jul 7, 2022 4:43 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 7, 2022 5:13 PM

I guess you have checked that this is not a carrier issue (SIM is active, carrier signal is sufficient, account is not locked), in some cases, a reboot does the trick. Another setting you need to check Settings-Cellular-Cellular Plan-WiFi Calling if ON or OFF (toggle it and see which one works). Check of Settings-Cellular-Cellular Plan-Voice & Data-VoLTE is also enabled (toggle this as well as see which setting works). Find a combination that works. :)

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 7, 2022 5:13 PM in response to glennsaddress

I guess you have checked that this is not a carrier issue (SIM is active, carrier signal is sufficient, account is not locked), in some cases, a reboot does the trick. Another setting you need to check Settings-Cellular-Cellular Plan-WiFi Calling if ON or OFF (toggle it and see which one works). Check of Settings-Cellular-Cellular Plan-Voice & Data-VoLTE is also enabled (toggle this as well as see which setting works). Find a combination that works. :)

apple 11 can not text

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.