You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Wifi not working on iphone?

We fixed our wifi a couple days ago and I connected my phone to it however it doesn't work. Like my phone is connected to the wifi cause it shows a check mark but whatever app I go to it says no question. It is really odd because it connects to every other device including mine but doesn't work.I tried reseting it and reseting my network connection numerous times.

iPhone 11, iOS 15

Posted on Jul 7, 2022 5:07 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 7, 2022 5:29 PM

Hey there,

have you try another Wi-Fi network? Is the same thing happened?

Does this happen with your phone only where it appears to be connected but not working?

Make sure the VPN is turned off on your iPhone!

also follow the steps in this article ☞ If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch won't connect to a Wi-Fi network - Apple Support

6 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 7, 2022 5:29 PM in response to roro3689

Hey there,

have you try another Wi-Fi network? Is the same thing happened?

Does this happen with your phone only where it appears to be connected but not working?

Make sure the VPN is turned off on your iPhone!

also follow the steps in this article ☞ If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch won't connect to a Wi-Fi network - Apple Support

Jul 7, 2022 7:55 PM in response to roro3689

Try restarting your IPhone. Here's how to restart your iPhone

Still can't connect?

Reset your Network Settings. If you're using iOS 15 or later, tap Settings > General > Transfer or Reset [Device] > Reset > Reset Network Settings. If you're using iOS or 14 or earlier, tap Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings. This also resets Wi-Fi networks and passwords, cellular settings, and VPN and APN settings that you've used before.

Jul 8, 2022 6:08 PM in response to roro3689

roro3689 Said:

"Wifi not working on iPhone?: an you tell me what to do with the IP address cause it says"

-------

Troubleshooting iPhone WiFi:

Apparently, you are using DHCP. So, the IP Address is dynamic (automatically assigned). If it were a static (manually assigned), then that would mean that you'd be required to enter this info manually. So, all seems fine with that. What to try:

Three Thoughts:

A. Clear Temporary Internet Files:

If connecting is unsuccessful, try clearing out your Temporary Internet FilesHistoryCache, and Cookies

Go Here: Clear your Safari Browser History and Set Up Content Blockers on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

and...

B. Try manually restarting your iPhone:

1. Go To: Settings
  2. Select: General
  3. Scroll to: the Very Bottom
  4. Select: Shut Down
  5. Slide Finger: to the Right
  6. Wait: 30 Seconds
  7. Power One: the iPhone
  8. Try this Once More

and...

C. Troubleshooting Connectivity:

Wi-Fi: If your iPhone won’t Connect to a Wi-Fi Network - Apple Support

Jul 8, 2022 1:37 AM in response to roro3689

roro3689 Said:

"Wifi not working on iPhone?: We fixed our wifi a couple days ago and I connected my phone to it however it doesn't work. Like my phone is connected to the wifi cause it shows a check mark but whatever app I go to it says no question. It is really odd because it connects to every other device including mine but doesn't work.I tried reseting it and reseting my network connection numerous times."

-------

Managing this Occurrence:

Be certain you are connected to the Internet. It's likely a synchronization issue - one that has to do with the IP Address. Just because you have a connection, it does not mean that you are on the Internet. If you have an IP Address, then you may be locked in to only your WiFi, instead.

Wifi not working on iphone?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.