You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I need help resetting my Apple ID on an iPad

Please Help me reset my Apple ID on an iPad that is not with me. I just got a new one and it’s asking me for a password that I don’t remember. I had two iPads, one for me no one for my mother in Florida. I’m in NY. She can’t/won’t get up to get it, plug it in and help. I’ve done all the verification codes and now it’s telling me I have to wait until tomorrow for Apple to verify my info.. I need a password to complete my new iPad set up. Help!

Lorraine C.

[Edited by Moderator]

iPad Air Wi-Fi

Posted on Jul 8, 2022 4:31 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 8, 2022 5:20 PM

If Apple is verifying your information, the below may not work since Apple is already verifying.

Enter the Apple (iCloud) ID, and click Forgot Password. See if you can get a Rescue or Notification email option if necessary. Link to contact Apple Support at the end of the 2nd article.

Apple ID - Manage

Apple ID – Forgot Password  *     

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 8, 2022 5:20 PM in response to lorrainefrommiddletown

If Apple is verifying your information, the below may not work since Apple is already verifying.

Enter the Apple (iCloud) ID, and click Forgot Password. See if you can get a Rescue or Notification email option if necessary. Link to contact Apple Support at the end of the 2nd article.

Apple ID - Manage

Apple ID – Forgot Password  *     

I need help resetting my Apple ID on an iPad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.