You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Beachball

Why when I delete something go on to a different subject or edit something the spinning Beachball comes on and spins for 30 seconds or even a minute or two before I can do anything on my iMac

iMac, macOS 10.13

Posted on Jul 9, 2022 1:41 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 9, 2022 3:10 PM

alanainsusse wrote:

Why when I delete something go on to a different subject or edit something the spinning Beachball comes on and spins for 30 seconds or even a minute or two before I can do anything on my iMac

How much free storage do you have available on your drive?

Have you rebooted?

Have you tried a safeboot?

SafeBoot How to use safe mode on your Mac - Apple Support

These are the basics, and where I would start...

4 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 9, 2022 3:10 PM in response to alanainsusse

alanainsusse wrote:

How much free storage do you have available on your drive?

Have you rebooted?

Have you tried a safeboot?

SafeBoot How to use safe mode on your Mac - Apple Support

These are the basics, and where I would start...

Jul 9, 2022 3:09 PM in response to alanainsusse

Download and run Etrecheck.  Copy and paste the results into your reply. Etrecheck is a diagnostic tool that was developed by one of the most respected users here in the ASC and recommended by Apple Support  to provide a snapshot of the system and help identify the more obvious culprits that can adversely affect a Mac's performance.

IMPORTANT:

Before running Etrecheck assign Full Disk Access to Etrecheck in the first window that comes up so that it can get additional information from the Console and log files for the report:

Also click the About… vurron and read the info to further permit full disk access.

Copy the report

and use the Additional Text button to include the report in your reply.

Then we can examine the report and try to determine the root cause of the problem.

Beachball

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.