You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to turn off Maps Navigation from hijacking my lock screen?

I have the entire Apple Ecosystem, including the phone and the watch. When I’m using Maps Navigation, I usually set it up on my phone and refer my watch while walking for turn-by-turn directions. But Apple Maps still takes up the phone lockscreen by default, and unlocking is a much more inconvenient because it takes more time to unlock. For instance, if I want to take a picture, I usually take out my phone and just swipe to launch the camera, and click a picture. With the Navigation taking over my lock screen, I’d have to unlock the phone using FaceID, then launch the camera app, then take a photo, which is super inconvenient.

Is there a way to turn off the Apple Maps Navigation taking over my lockscreen?

iPhone 13 Pro Max, iOS 15

Posted on Jul 9, 2022 11:23 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 10, 2022 12:26 AM

No, it is designed to never turn off even when the phone auto-locks.

It is an inconvenience that we have to endure for the convenience of not having to turn the phone on every three minutes to navigate.

1 reply

How to turn off Maps Navigation from hijacking my lock screen?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.