You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is there a way to back up my macbook to icloud?

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 11.6

Posted on Jul 10, 2022 5:16 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 10, 2022 5:20 AM

You can read this support page for help backing up your Mac: How to back up your Mac - Official Apple Support.

That support page also goes through how to back things up to iCloud vs Time Machine.

I hope this answers your question!

2 replies

Jul 10, 2022 5:24 AM in response to stevefromcoppell

No ,  iCloudcan automatically store your photoscalendarscontactsnotespasswords, and more. And it includes iCloud Drive, which can store documents, desktop files, and other files of your choosing. To access those files, you just need to be signed in to iCloud. Other cloud-based services are available from third parties.

The Mac includes all system files from user library and system library , including inbuilt applications , so time machine is required to back up Mac .

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.