You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 12 mini water damage

I got my phone in my bathing suit and realized it the minute I got into the pool. I got it out and it still worked fine. Removed the case, dried the phone up with a cloth. I know the iPhone 12 mini is water-resistant to a certain extent. But this morning, the screen has gone dark. I went through some articles and followed recommendations. Now it's lying on a dry cloth, turned off, SIM card and tray removed. I'm a afraid that if I plug it in to make a back up, it could cause damage to the circuits if they're still wet. I took an appointment to a repair shop. Any other advice?

iPhone 12 mini

Posted on Jul 10, 2022 6:34 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 11, 2022 10:09 AM

Hi 5imonBG,

Since the screen is no longer responding, we'd recommend reaching out to support for further assistance here: Get Support

Take care

2 replies

iPhone 12 mini water damage

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.