You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Export password from Safari

How can I export the passwords from Safari (MacOs Catalina)?

It seems I don't have the File>Export>passwords option! If I click on File it shows only and directly "export bookmarks...". No simple "export"

Any suggestion?

Thanks

Posted on Jul 10, 2022 7:39 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 10, 2022 8:07 AM

Import bookmarks, history, and passwords in Safari on Mac - Apple Support says to use Safari's File menu > Export > Passwords

If you do not have that option you may need a newer macOS version. I'm not sure when that feature was added.

You could also use iCloud Keychain to automatically synchronize your passwords among all your Apple devices: Set up iCloud Keychain - Apple Support. That will work with older macOS versions.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 10, 2022 8:07 AM in response to clseven

Import bookmarks, history, and passwords in Safari on Mac - Apple Support says to use Safari's File menu > Export > Passwords

If you do not have that option you may need a newer macOS version. I'm not sure when that feature was added.

You could also use iCloud Keychain to automatically synchronize your passwords among all your Apple devices: Set up iCloud Keychain - Apple Support. That will work with older macOS versions.

Export password from Safari

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.