You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

protection for MacBook Pro

Should I use a cover on my MacBook Pro?

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 12.4

Posted on Jul 10, 2022 9:05 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 10, 2022 10:30 AM

There are two reasons iPhone users add screen protector:

• your iPhone could get dropped face down on a rock, and get broken

The MacBook Pro screen does not open far enough to get broken by falling on a rock.

• You could scratch it by accident with watches or jewelry.

MacBook Screen is not a touch screen. You are unlikely to scratch it because there is generally no need to touch it.

There is no need for a screen protector on a MacBook Pro. Installing one will damage the screen coating and interfere with the clearance in closing the display.

DON'T install a screen protector.

5 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 10, 2022 10:30 AM in response to Suesue15

There are two reasons iPhone users add screen protector:

• your iPhone could get dropped face down on a rock, and get broken

The MacBook Pro screen does not open far enough to get broken by falling on a rock.

• You could scratch it by accident with watches or jewelry.

MacBook Screen is not a touch screen. You are unlikely to scratch it because there is generally no need to touch it.

There is no need for a screen protector on a MacBook Pro. Installing one will damage the screen coating and interfere with the clearance in closing the display.

DON'T install a screen protector.

Jul 10, 2022 10:01 AM in response to Suesue15

Suesue15 wrote:

Thanks. I only ask because my dog knocked it off the couch and broke the screen. I had only had it a month. It's fixed because of Apple care+.

Well, I guess it is a learned take-home lesson. Glad to here you invested in the AppleCare+ it can be a life saver.

Electronics do not like hitting the floor no matter what....

protection for MacBook Pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.