You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

request to change password for apple id

I received a sophisticated text and email request to change my Apple ID password, are others seeing an uptick in this?

MacBook, macOS 11.4

Posted on Jul 12, 2022 6:02 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 12, 2022 6:11 AM

Hello!

This is most likely a phishing (email) or smishing (text) attack. I would recommend changing your Apple ID password always to be safe. You can find the support page for that here: Change your Apple ID password - Apple Support.

Please never click on links, attachments, and/or provide information to unknown senders or callers.

I hope this helps! Stay safe

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 12, 2022 6:11 AM in response to mehwk18

Hello!

This is most likely a phishing (email) or smishing (text) attack. I would recommend changing your Apple ID password always to be safe. You can find the support page for that here: Change your Apple ID password - Apple Support.

Please never click on links, attachments, and/or provide information to unknown senders or callers.

I hope this helps! Stay safe

request to change password for apple id

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.