You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unknown calls

All my incoming calls show unknown, even though most a from people in my contact list. How do I correct this?

Why do all my incoming calls show unknown, even when they are from people in my contact

Posted on Jul 12, 2022 12:13 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 12, 2022 12:18 PM

Most likely your carrier is not forwarding the phone number of the caller to your phone; you need to contact them and ask them to provision Incoming Caller ID for your line.

It’s also possible, but less likely, that you haven’t enabled Dial Assist in Settings/Phone. It is the default, so if it isn’t on you turned it off.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 12, 2022 12:18 PM in response to Sela1103

Most likely your carrier is not forwarding the phone number of the caller to your phone; you need to contact them and ask them to provision Incoming Caller ID for your line.

It’s also possible, but less likely, that you haven’t enabled Dial Assist in Settings/Phone. It is the default, so if it isn’t on you turned it off.

Unknown calls

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.