You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 11 is waterproof?

iphone 11 is waterproof

I can use iPhone in heavy rain?

iPhone 11, iOS 15

Posted on Jul 13, 2022 12:28 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 13, 2022 1:11 PM

No iPhone is waterproof; they are water resistant.

See the following from iPhone 11 - Technical Specifications - Apple

iPhone 11 is splash, water, and dust resistant and was tested under controlled laboratory conditions with a rating of IP68 under IEC standard 60529 (maximum depth of 2 meters up to 30 minutes). Splash, water, and dust resistance are not permanent conditions. Resistance might decrease as a result of normal wear. Do not attempt to charge a wet iPhone; refer to the user guide for cleaning and drying instructions. Liquid damage not covered under warranty.

Personally, I would avoid using mine in heavy rain.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 13, 2022 1:11 PM in response to mahipatsinh

No iPhone is waterproof; they are water resistant.

See the following from iPhone 11 - Technical Specifications - Apple

iPhone 11 is splash, water, and dust resistant and was tested under controlled laboratory conditions with a rating of IP68 under IEC standard 60529 (maximum depth of 2 meters up to 30 minutes). Splash, water, and dust resistance are not permanent conditions. Resistance might decrease as a result of normal wear. Do not attempt to charge a wet iPhone; refer to the user guide for cleaning and drying instructions. Liquid damage not covered under warranty.

Personally, I would avoid using mine in heavy rain.

iPhone 11 is waterproof?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.