You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

if I don't set up touch id and someone else handles the ipad will they have to konw my apple id to try to do so?

if I don't set up touch id and someone else handles the ipad will they have to konw my apple id to try to do so? (I think it (the above) was answered by the process I had to use to get into the apple community.)

iPad 2, iOS 9

Posted on Jul 14, 2022 4:48 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 14, 2022 4:55 PM

No.

If you setup a passcode instead of Touch ID, they would need the passcode.

If you setup no security, then they can just turn it on and use it directly.

The only time they would need the Apple ID is for making purchases in the iTunes and App Stores.

Outside of that, your Apple ID is not directly required for anything, as it should already be logged in for every service and feature that uses it.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 14, 2022 4:55 PM in response to Dunbar_Free

No.

If you setup a passcode instead of Touch ID, they would need the passcode.

If you setup no security, then they can just turn it on and use it directly.

The only time they would need the Apple ID is for making purchases in the iTunes and App Stores.

Outside of that, your Apple ID is not directly required for anything, as it should already be logged in for every service and feature that uses it.

Jul 14, 2022 4:56 PM in response to Dunbar_Free

Even if you do set up Touch ID, they would need to know your passcode to access your iPad and to do most things on it. That is assuming that you do setup a passcode. Also note that you must first setup a passcode before you can setup Touch ID.

They would not need to know your Apple ID or your Apple ID password to access your iPad and to do most things on it.

if I don't set up touch id and someone else handles the ipad will they have to konw my apple id to try to do so?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.