You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I tunes playlist

Why do the same songs keep playing. I have tons of music but always same ones play.

iPhone 7 Plus

Posted on Jul 15, 2022 6:02 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 16, 2022 2:02 AM

There's no one, definite answer, as there may be more than one reason. Let's try to eliminate any possible causes, one by one. I suggest that you use the Songs view for these tests, as it makes it easier to see messages, errors etc.

• can you identify any specific song that doesn't play? If so, what happens if you double-click on it, to force iTunes to play it? If it doesn't play, are there any error messages?
  • are there any indicators next to the song, such as an exclamation mark to the left of the song's title, a cloud symbol perhaps?
  • are you using Shuffle mode? If so, try turning it off. Does that make a difference?

One more thing; I notice that you refer to a playlist. Are you playing a playlist that you've made, a built-in playlist prepared by iTunes, or are are you playing from the complete songs library?

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 16, 2022 2:02 AM in response to NicoleDb

There's no one, definite answer, as there may be more than one reason. Let's try to eliminate any possible causes, one by one. I suggest that you use the Songs view for these tests, as it makes it easier to see messages, errors etc.

• can you identify any specific song that doesn't play? If so, what happens if you double-click on it, to force iTunes to play it? If it doesn't play, are there any error messages?
  • are there any indicators next to the song, such as an exclamation mark to the left of the song's title, a cloud symbol perhaps?
  • are you using Shuffle mode? If so, try turning it off. Does that make a difference?

One more thing; I notice that you refer to a playlist. Are you playing a playlist that you've made, a built-in playlist prepared by iTunes, or are are you playing from the complete songs library?

I tunes playlist

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.