You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Parental controls “allowed store content”

In “allowed store content” do I select items I want to restrict for my kid or select things I want to allow? It’s confusing. And why can’t I multi-select?

iPhone 13 mini, iOS 15

Posted on Jul 16, 2022 3:54 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 16, 2022 3:56 PM

"Allowed" means you are permitting the items that follow.

Use parental controls on your child's iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

7 replies

Jul 16, 2022 4:08 PM in response to JulieNC333

JulieNC333 wrote:

For example, if I want to allow my kid to see everything BUT rated R movies, can I select PG-13 and assume it will allow PG-13 if plus everything below it?

Good question!

I believe your example is exactly correct - selecting PG-13 allows all ratings lower, but none higher (cannot view R, NC-17, or Unrated).

I am not an Apple employee and have not tried this first-hand, but I believe that's how it works.

Jul 16, 2022 4:19 PM in response to JulieNC333

This is confusing. I do agree! This is how I understand it....If you choose PG-13, you are saying, "Don't Allow PG-13 movies" (obviously, lol) So, it should not allow PG-13, R, NC-17 or Unrated movies. (Because if you don't want PG-13, then you obviously don't want the R, Nc-17 or Unrated movies as well). I choose 'R' for this setting because I don't want my child getting R-rated movies or anything rated worse than that. So far, it has worked like a charm.

Parental controls “allowed store content”

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.