You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Icloud backup

Hello

I was wondering if someone wanted to download my icloud data without me getting notified, would they be able to do so? Let’s say they find out my password and try to log into icloud on a web browser - I’d get a notification that an unknown device logged in. But if they decided to log in through a data recovery website like iMyFone D-Back, or iBeesoft iPhone Data Recovery, where you also have to log in before it transfers your data, would I still get notified? I’m trying to see how easy it is to get someone’s data without them knowing if you didn’t have two factor authentication on.

Posted on Jul 17, 2022 1:09 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 17, 2022 10:49 AM

If secondary authentication account is set from iPhone in which three answers for respective questions , date of birth , rescue mail address and its password is added , when you reveal the Apple ID and password to them they can't sign in with www.icloud.com because the account is created from iPhone and not the browser .

In their browser a different Apple ID is signed in Mac system preferences with their own credentials , so your account is secured and can't be used by them see some articles Security and your Apple ID - Apple Support

Keep your Apple ID secure on iPhone - Apple Support

Note : never reveal credentials like answers for security questions , date of birth , rescue mail address and its password , the Apple ID password .

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 17, 2022 10:49 AM in response to djoplk80

If secondary authentication account is set from iPhone in which three answers for respective questions , date of birth , rescue mail address and its password is added , when you reveal the Apple ID and password to them they can't sign in with www.icloud.com because the account is created from iPhone and not the browser .

In their browser a different Apple ID is signed in Mac system preferences with their own credentials , so your account is secured and can't be used by them see some articles Security and your Apple ID - Apple Support

Keep your Apple ID secure on iPhone - Apple Support

Note : never reveal credentials like answers for security questions , date of birth , rescue mail address and its password , the Apple ID password .

Icloud backup

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.