You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MP3 File name is renamed when transferred from iMac to iPhone

Hi,

Using an iMac MacOS Monterey 12.4 and iPhone 13s Pro up to date iOS version. I have an mp3 file(s) on my iMac and physically connect my iPhone. When I transfer from my iMac to my iPhone via the Music App the mp3 file is renamed and not the same as I have on my iMac. How to I retain the file name i have on my iMac as this effects the sorting of my songs on the iPhone?

iPhone 13 Pro Max, iOS 15

Posted on Jul 17, 2022 6:45 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 17, 2022 9:48 AM

This behaviour could be a result of a multiple tags issue as discussed in Repair security permissions for iTunes/Music for Mac - Apple Community.

tt2

Similar questions

2 replies

Jul 17, 2022 10:08 AM in response to turingtest2

Thanks, this did help and I was able to get transfer with the name I saved, just some things.

In Finder I right clicked the file and then went to Get Info. I verified that locked was unchecked and my profile had rw access.

I then loaded the file in the Music App, right clicked and went to Get Info and updated the details tab and sort tab to the name I wanted. I was dragging the file to my iPhone before which transferred so what I did this time was after was right and went to the "Add Device" option and selected my phone.

Maybe or I'm pretty sure I was doing something wrong when dragging over but the above worked. Thanks again.

MP3 File name is renamed when transferred from iMac to iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.