You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why its not possible? The tv and homepod is on my child name

Shared users can't add HomePod, Apple TV, or any AirPlay 2-compatible smart TVs or speakers to the Home app. You can only add these devices if you're the owner of the home in the Home app

if i add them i need to add me as the prime user in my child tv or homepod..

Posted on Jul 18, 2022 8:18 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 18, 2022 8:26 AM

The owner of the home in the Home app should be able to invite others to share control of the home. See the Allow remote access and edit permissions for users section of Share control of your home - Apple Support. You should be able to enable these options for users sharing your home:

• Control Accessories Remotely: Turn on to allow users to control your accessories from any location. Turn off to allow users to only control your accessories while they're at your home.
  • Add and Edit Accessories: Turn on to allow users to add and remove accessories, scenes, automations, and other users.

tt2

4 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 18, 2022 8:26 AM in response to ganriel_knight

The owner of the home in the Home app should be able to invite others to share control of the home. See the Allow remote access and edit permissions for users section of Share control of your home - Apple Support. You should be able to enable these options for users sharing your home:

• Control Accessories Remotely: Turn on to allow users to control your accessories from any location. Turn off to allow users to only control your accessories while they're at your home.
  • Add and Edit Accessories: Turn on to allow users to add and remove accessories, scenes, automations, and other users.

tt2

Why its not possible? The tv and homepod is on my child name

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.