You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Pro 14" (2021) A2442 – Integrated display’s backlight dropping out/flickering

The Micro LED backlight panel of the internal display on my A2442 MacBook Pro is occasionally flickering. I'm not talking about something like a continuous 60 Hz flickering, but the screen suddenly changing its brightness drastically ... it flickers for 1-2 seconds before it returns to normal.

Apple Diagnosis (formerly AHT Apple Hardware Test) doesn't find any defects. I could imagine this being a firmware/software hiccup, but need to be sure that it isn't some dying logic board component (machine is still under warranty).

I believe to have observed the misbehavior to occur on sudden large area changes of the screen content, but not to the degree that it can be provoked/reproduced.

Anyone else made similar observations?

MacBook Pro 14″, macOS 12.4

Posted on Jul 19, 2022 2:14 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 19, 2022 4:48 AM

Hi,

I think you'd better take your MacBook Pro to your local retail AppleStore, Genius Bar or Apple Authorized Service Provider to be examined more carefully and deeply on your MacBook Pro there before your one year limited warranty or AppleCare+ is expired.

Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple

Find Locations - Apple

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 19, 2022 4:48 AM in response to Andre Klein

Hi,

I think you'd better take your MacBook Pro to your local retail AppleStore, Genius Bar or Apple Authorized Service Provider to be examined more carefully and deeply on your MacBook Pro there before your one year limited warranty or AppleCare+ is expired.

Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple

Find Locations - Apple

MacBook Pro 14" (2021) A2442 – Integrated display’s backlight dropping out/flickering

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.