You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I DONT WANT TO SAVE EVERYTHING TO ICLOUD! HOW DO I JUST SAVE TO MY DESKTOP?

I can no longer save anything to my desktop or hard drive and am being FORCED to buy more iCloud space! this is unacceptable! How do I save to desktop or hard drive?

MacBook Pro 16″, macOS 12.4

Posted on Jul 19, 2022 1:57 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 19, 2022 11:52 PM

Either manage your iCloud storage Manage your iCloud storage - Apple Support

Then check icloud storage Check your iCloud storage on iCloud.com - Apple Support

Check your iCloud storage online or on any device - Apple Support

Take decision to upgrade the storage plan Upgrade to iCloud+ - Apple Support

Make sure iCloud Drive and desktops and documents box is always checked Add your Desktop and Documents files to iCloud Drive - Apple Support

Use iCloud Drive to store documents on your Mac and iOS devices - Apple Support

Drag and drop desired documents to some other location Work with folders and files in iCloud Drive - Apple Support ( except to Macintosh HD it will unnecessary occupy hard drive space ) .

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 19, 2022 11:52 PM in response to kalamiteejain

Either manage your iCloud storage Manage your iCloud storage - Apple Support

Then check icloud storage Check your iCloud storage on iCloud.com - Apple Support

Check your iCloud storage online or on any device - Apple Support

Take decision to upgrade the storage plan Upgrade to iCloud+ - Apple Support

Make sure iCloud Drive and desktops and documents box is always checked Add your Desktop and Documents files to iCloud Drive - Apple Support

Use iCloud Drive to store documents on your Mac and iOS devices - Apple Support

Drag and drop desired documents to some other location Work with folders and files in iCloud Drive - Apple Support ( except to Macintosh HD it will unnecessary occupy hard drive space ) .

Jul 19, 2022 2:01 PM in response to kalamiteejain

Your MacBook has the ability to store items in the Cloud. This can be useful for some (that use multiple devices).

I believe you're wanting to disable storing these items in the cloud from your Mac.

If so, Click on the Apple Logo (top Left corner) > Select System Preferences > Click "Apple ID" which will bring you to this pane.

UNCHECK iCloud Drive.

If this didn't solve your concern, please let us know.

I DONT WANT TO SAVE EVERYTHING TO ICLOUD! HOW DO I JUST SAVE TO MY DESKTOP?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.