You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

missing playlists on my new MacBook Pro

All my music is in the Music library - but zero playlists.

My phone still has iTunes library and playlists.

If I prepare to sync my phone, with my new Mac, it wants to sync from Mac to my phone and I will lose them.

How do I get my playlists back on my Mac?

I did a transfer from my old Mac to new Mac but somethings obviously didn't go through because of the interface changes, i.e.,no more iTunes

Posted on Jul 19, 2022 5:34 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 21, 2022 8:17 AM

If you want playlists, ratings, play counts etc. then you need to copy over the entire media folder plus the iTunes Library.itl file from your iTunes library. Option-start-Musc and open the .itl file to convert it to the new .musiclibrary format.

tt2

Similar questions

3 replies

Jul 21, 2022 8:07 AM in response to shepherdsrunn

No iTunes with Monterey. Doing it piece meal.

all my iTunes songs were there in Apple Music after the migration.

hade to consolidate the library on my old Mac, put it on a movable hard drive. Was able to import music from uploaded CDs into Apple Music on new computer by groups.

manually rebuilding playlists.

did have to authorize new computer.

slow but doable

missing playlists on my new MacBook Pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.