You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Messages not syncing across devices

My text messages do not sync between my iPhone and MacBook Air. I am signed in on both devices with the same Apple ID and I have checked the box on Messages on my Mac that says "Enable Messages in iCloud". But reading and deleting does not sync at all. What can I do?

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 12.4

Posted on Jul 20, 2022 10:20 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 21, 2022 8:52 AM

See the article Access your messages on all your Apple devices - Apple Support

The same Apple ID and password is signed in both devices on the same network .

1. In the Messages app on your Mac, choose Messages > Preferences, then click iMessage.
  2. In the Settings pane, select Enable Messages in iCloud.
  3. The messages from your other devices that use the same Apple ID appear on your Mac.
  4. Note: Depending on how many messages you have, it may take a while for all of them to appear. You can send and receive messages during that time.

To make sure you’re seeing the latest messages in iCloud on your Mac, choose Messages > Preferences, click iMessage, then click Sync Now in the Settings pane.

Read Set up Messages on iPhone - Apple Support

4 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 21, 2022 8:52 AM in response to sleeplater

See the article Access your messages on all your Apple devices - Apple Support

The same Apple ID and password is signed in both devices on the same network .

1. In the Messages app on your Mac, choose Messages > Preferences, then click iMessage.
  2. In the Settings pane, select Enable Messages in iCloud.
  3. The messages from your other devices that use the same Apple ID appear on your Mac.
  4. Note: Depending on how many messages you have, it may take a while for all of them to appear. You can send and receive messages during that time.

To make sure you’re seeing the latest messages in iCloud on your Mac, choose Messages > Preferences, click iMessage, then click Sync Now in the Settings pane.

Read Set up Messages on iPhone - Apple Support

Messages not syncing across devices

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.