You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have recently bought a used MacBook Air, with Catalina OS. Is it possible to use my old Office software?

Can I use my old "office software" to a MacBook Air, with 63 bit technology and "Catalina" operating system. I was referred to Apple Store, for purchase of new software.

Posted on Jul 20, 2022 11:57 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 20, 2022 12:42 PM

Depends on how old. Anything older than Office for Mac 2016 version 15.25 will not run on MacOS Catalina. If you have a product key for Office 2016 you can run the latest version of that on your Mac. Else, you'll need to purchase a newer Office product, or consider one of the free alternatives (e.g., Apple's own Pages/Numbers/Keynote, OpenOffice, LibreOffice).

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 20, 2022 12:42 PM in response to christos333

Depends on how old. Anything older than Office for Mac 2016 version 15.25 will not run on MacOS Catalina. If you have a product key for Office 2016 you can run the latest version of that on your Mac. Else, you'll need to purchase a newer Office product, or consider one of the free alternatives (e.g., Apple's own Pages/Numbers/Keynote, OpenOffice, LibreOffice).

I have recently bought a used MacBook Air, with Catalina OS. Is it possible to use my old Office software?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.